Saturday, August 7, 2010

WOD Tunes

We blast loud music when we workout.  Honestly, I hear the first song, but after that, I'm too focused to notice.  That is unless a real kick ass song or total crap song happens along.  We all know and love the mainstay songs (Back in Back, Thunderstruck, Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, etc.)  Those get us through day after day and week after week.

I think there are a lot of "b" sides that warrant some attention too.  My workout beats may be a little odd, but maybe you'll find one or two you like.  In no particular order:

Remember the Name - Fort Minor.  (Note: I was surprised at how few people knew this one.  If you like Linkin Park or Incubus, then the Fort Minor album really is a must buy.)

Sabotage - Beastie Boys (I think CF540 played this one the other day....)
Sleep Now in the Fire - Rage Against the Machine
Deceiver - Disturbed
The Pretender - Foo Fighters (fast forward past first 33 secs)
Reload - Rob Zombie (ditto the first 33 secs)
19-2000 (Soulchild Remix)
No Jesus Christ - Seether
Shackler's Revenge - GNR
Go with the Flow - Queens of the Stone Age
Meaning of Life - Disturbed
Last - Nine Inch Nail (I especially fond of this one, since its normally where I finish met-con WODs)

I thought the following song titles were apropos for a CF workout even though the beats don't work.  

Here It Goes Again - OK Go
Again - Flyleaf
More and Faster - KMFDM (this one is really bad - haha)
Feel the Pain - Dinosaur Jr.
Pretend We're Dead - L7
Drain You - Nirvana
Perfect Insanity - Disturbed
Basket Case - Green Day
Hit the Floor - Linkin Park
Nausea - Beck
and finally,
Puke - Eminem

No comments:

Post a Comment