Monday, March 15, 2010

Short and Random

For those enjoying my blog, I appreciate the nice words you've given me.  This one will probably suck, so I'm glad you've already complimented me.

BMI
I think this measure is total bullshit for big people.  I don't mean big as in 5 foot 3, 600 lbs.  I mean big, linebacker kind of people like me.  As we all know from this blog, I make the "fat" cut no matter what measure you want to use.  BMI calls me obese.... firmly in the middle of the scale obese.  Overweight yes, obese.... hmmmm...

At my current height (6' 3") I have weighed from 200 all the way to 305.  At 200 lbs, I had family members trying to enroll me into a clinic for eating disorders.  My step-uncle thought I had bulimia.  LOL  In other words, I was a little too thin.  Of course, once I cut the mullet, I dropped to 190....

At my best shape with some ridiculously low body fat, I weighed 215.  According to BMI, to be within normal weight, I'm supposed to be 190 lbs.  Seriously?  I thought I was looking at the women's chart.  Oh well, I'd have to cut off one of my legs to make weight.  I guess I'll always be overweight or obese to the "BMI'ers" out there.

I wish they made a chart for elephants.

Einstein's Theory of Weight Loss:
I'm convinced that for every pound one person loses, someone they know gains it.  I think my dog is gaining all the weight I'm losing.  Pooch is getting fat...

I'm Not the Only One
While this blog is mostly about my experience, I have to share the progress of some good friends.  2 of the 3 have simply followed "The Culprit and the Cure" book to get these results.

Martin:
This dude is HUGE.  He's 6'8" and probably 350.  He's overweight, but even if he weren't he would still be HUGE!  His nickname is NormalGuy LOL....  He would fit right in on any NFL offensive line.  He has lost 50 lbs in the last 5 months.

Brett:
This guy first recommended the book.  He is not doing CF.  He has just followed the book's simple rules and lost 40 lbs in just a few months!! Amazing.

Don:
He isn't overweight.  Matter of fact, he's a little bit of a pip-squeak ;)  However, he was diagnosed with diabetes last year.  He lost weight and improved his diet.  He went back a year later and his condition was slightly worse.  He had the wind knocked out of his sails a little.  I told him about the Cure's section on low glycemic foods.  He read up on it and then bought the book.  He started following the eating recommendations and in 1 week dropped his sugar within normal limits.  A couple of weeks later, he was consistently below it.  Hopefully he can lower his insulin soon!!!

So if my stories of CF scare you, BUT you want to make a change, please take away the very serious recommendation of buying and reading this book.  I said it a few blogs back but worth restating.  IT CHANGED MY LIFE.

So in summary, I told you this one would suck.

So for a totally unrelated laugh.... and if you clicked the Sarah Silverman link and want to know what happened next, click this.  BTW, it is NSFW... language...

2 comments:

  1. When I grow down some more maybe I will jump on the CF wagon with you.

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo Hoo! Keep it up bro!

    - Pipsqueak

    ReplyDelete