Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Xfit Idioms - Part Deux

People liked my last round of idioms, so I thought I would share a few more.   First, full disclosure that I didn't think most of these up... instead...


I have a couple of friends in Indy whose interest I have peak regarding Xfit.  They decided to supplement their workouts with some WOD.  Initially, I helped them research gyms.  Unfortunately, gyms in large cities are a lot more expensive than Crossfit 540 (don't freak, Trevor already knew).  Indy is $125 - $200 per month.  Atlanta is $250.  Big cities set it up a little different and most seem to be "pre-filtering" their clients through the price.  Anyway, these guys decided it was a little too steep for just a supplemental workout.


So I helped them put together some WODs. In doing so, I looked over a lot of different sites and found some true, but funny stuff.  Here are my favorites from various Xfit websites:
  • Get Fit or Die Trying
  • Routine is the Enemy
  • This one is from the "how not to market your gym" site:  "It's torture, but it works!"
  • I met Pukey today.
  • Unleash your inner badass!
And my personal favorite:  "Crossfit will smoke you like cheap crack."

There is also some great reading on Xfit.  A couple of that stuck with me:
In response to articles saying that the guys from the movie 300 couldn't get their bodies from workouts alone:  ''Evidently there are some bozos out there who think that the 300 crew could not have gotten the results they did without chemical aids."

Despite such testimonials, guys like Billy Polson, warn that CrossFit isn't for everyone. "I think it will definitely be for people who are really wanting to test who they are and what they're capable of," he says. "And from my experience, a lot of people are scared of that." Glassman thinks we have better things to be scared of. 

I also happened upon a great website for Crossfit shirts.  Here are the best ones:
  • Somebody may beat me, but they will have to bleed to do it.
  • Your girl does pilates, my girl does Crossfit.
  • I Clean, I Jerk, and I have a nice Snatch.
  • WOD = WTF
  • We don't use machines.  We make them.
  • Today we do what nobody else will do, so tomorrow we may do what nobody else can do.
  • Your gym sucks.
  • I do Crossfit because I'm at war with my body.
  • Run. Jump. Lift. Squat. Puke. Repeat.
  • I fear no man, but I fear my workout.  If I don't fear my workout, it's not hard enough.
And my favorite:
Finally, some great reading on the basis of Xfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment